Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fashion Week at its finest...


I am soooooo excited it is fashion week in NY! I have been wanting to blog since the first day! I had other extenuating circumstances that kept me from what I love...FASHION! Sooooo, I am going to jump into yesterday's catwalk updates today!
Since I am blogging for the 40+ women, I will talk about what would be great for "our" generation to wear, and talk about my favorite designers of course!
 
First up...
 
KATE SPADE
 
 A love of most, always with bright bold colors, and splashes of black, holding true to a whimsical yet tailored direction to the collection. She showed her signature 60's influence with a cotton candyish  demeanor for my taste. She did have some pieces that I feel would be fab staples in any closet.


RAG & BONE

This collection stayed true to the designer's trademark of tomboyish silhouettes' embellished with urban references, yet showed some direction towards femininity and reserve within some of their pieces. Very Nineties feel. I left out pics of the cropped tops cuz I know that is not age appropriate!
 
 
MISHA NONOO
 
 Okay so she was AMAZING! First show and it was a show stopper in my eyes! Loved it! Very light and airy, yet playful with added crisp tailoring. She mixed fabrics, colors and some pieces looked liked they had been a painted with watercolors. These pieces can be worn anytime, anywhere and you will be "Wow" factor!



L.A.M.B.


Gwen Stefani's relaxed silhouettes rang thru her contemporary label. She has wearable pieces for every age. Loved the burst of color too!
 
Okay so last but not least.... I know Desigual actually showed the line a few days ago but I just LOVED it and had to show my favs! Seriously these are my kinda outfits and I truly feel any one can wear these! Manel Joderque behind the creation of the collection brought to the catwalk femine and colorful pieces. You can  mix and match with other pieces in your closet or wear as shown! Desigual had their first show in NY this week! Whoo hoo to them!!! It is a Spanish brand with signature bright colors and vivid prints. Great shift dresses, skirts, pants you name it! Manel used his go to colors of black and white which I personally love cuz you can wear it anywhere! But the use of Mediterranean inspired colors were also a hit! Desigual just  opened a Flagship store on 5th Ave. so make sure to stop by if you are in area!
So here are some of my favorite pieces!
 

These are just a few of my most loved so far.... stay tune to more of my fashion week updates!
 
                                                                                                                          xoxo  Mari 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS