Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Staple...the "And Then Some" staple...

Okay, so don't just a over 40 on this one...actually I'm on the cusp of 50 but whose tellin? Listen, I believe every one has an alter ego that they bring out every once in a while, well, this "staple" is just that...my alter ego. I am such a classic type dresser. just ask my 19 year daughter. I do love a classic with a twist but I tend to stay in the classic arena of choice. I have always, and I mean always admired Audrey Hepburn, she is my idol and I tend to not steer to far in her shadow. But, I do have the other side of me that longs for the rebel to come out and play! I just have to be very cautious on how it is perceived.
I was fortunate enough to go to the Met Museum this summer on a mother/daughter trip and we could not wait to see the 'Punk: Chaos To Couture' Exhibit. Can I say, that made our trip, like no, really I could have died right there and all would have been great. OMG, the outfits where so jaw-dropping amazing that I was left utterly speechless( which never happens). I yearned to be anyone of those designers; Alexander McQueen, Mocshino, Dior, Channel etc. What I would give to create those masterpieces is unsurpassed by the  desire to BE one of them. I appreciate talent as theirs, to take on a rebirth of the 70's from Vivienne Westwood's collaboration with the Sex Pistols and other Punk musician at the time to construct a kinda D.I.Y. creations. I wanted to take all the pieces home, I sincerely did. I never knew I had a deep connection with this era, but I have always wanted to look different, yet refined than those around me. I mean barring wearing a

lot of spikes and nose rings etc., i really don't mind all the safety pin closures, and metal embellishments.

I really wanted to come home, and I did/have looked into designing an Urban/Edgy line ...but that will be saved for another day... I get so side track. I have a pic of myself in my conservative look and my inspirations for the look. I hope you enjoy...



                                                                My Inspirations

My Interpretation


Okay so its conservative... I know...believe me I would like to walk around with safety pin closures, but you all would definitely judge me!

Dress by Kensie, boots by Zara, tights by Anthropologie

xoxo Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS